This two-day workshop is designed to help participants overcome many of the supervisory problems they will encounter in their first few weeks as a boss, whether they are a team leader, a project manager or a unit coordinator. Dealing with the many problems a new supervisor encounters isn't easy but it doesn't have to lead to discouragement.
Highlights of what participants will learn:
- Help clarify roles and responsibilities of the new job;
- Adjust to the new role with confidence and an assurance they can handle the position;
- Develop their communication skills in listening, asking questions, and giving feedback to employees;
- Develop a technique for making sure they give employees instructions that are clear and understood;
- Identify some techniques to deal with employee challenges such as hostility, complaints, and laziness;
- Recognize the importance of being visible and available to employees;
- Understand the importance of developing good relationships with employees and peers, so they are seen as fair and consistent.