This is a one-day workshop that provides participants with an interactive approach to negotiations. The skills they acquire will help them in their role as mediator and negotiator as well as in their day-to-day responsibilities. Participants will be encouraged to focus on interests rather than positions, so they can develop relationships of mutual trust, fairness and respect for one another. This is a common-sense approach based upon developing a balanced and lasting partnership to solve workplace problems. Participants will learn and practice effective communication skills, problem solving and consensus building, with the intention of turning face-to-face confrontation into side-by-side problem solving.
Highlights of what participants will learn:
- Understand the benefits of good negotiating skills that take the interests of both parties into consideration;
- Have an increased ability to negotiate more effectively by turning face to face confrontation into side-by side problem solving;
- Recognize that creating win-win solutions are the only sustainable solutions there are;
- Identify those techniques that will be most effective in stressful negotiation situations;
- Develop skills that take the interests of both parties into consideration.