In the past ten years, the workforce has changed dramatically. More than ever, a workplace is a diverse collection of individuals proud of who they are: their gender, their sexual orientation, their religion, their ethnic background, and all the other components that make an individual unique. In order for the participants workplace to succeed, their employees must be able to appreciate and celebrate those differences.
With Workplace Diversity Training Materials employees will learn:
- Understanding what diversity and its related terms mean;
- Be aware of how aware they are of diversity and where they can improve;
- Understand how changes in the world have affected them and their view;
- Be able to identify their stereotypes;
- Understand what terms are politically correct and which are not, and why;
- Be familiar with the four cornerstones of diversity;
- Understand what the pitfalls are relating to diversity and understand how to avoid them;
- Develop a technique for dealing with inappropriate behavior;
- Develop a management style to encourage diversity;
- Know what to do if them or one of their employees feels discriminated against.