In today's changing workplace, many new supervisors are unsure of their roles and responsibilities. They have little experience dealing with the challenges of managing work through others. They haven't had the opportunity to develop those critical skills of planning work, leading their group, and communicating with their employees, their colleagues and their manager. Learning these skills can have a tremendous impact on an organization's productivity.
Highlights of what participants will learn:
- Participants will understand the scope and nature of the supervisory position
- Participants will learn some ways to deal with the challenges of the role.
- Participants will recognize the responsibilities they have as a supervisor, to their self, to their team and to their organization
- Participants will identify key techniques to help them plan and prioritize effectively
- Participants will acquire a basic understanding of and develop strategies for leadership, team building, communication, and motivation and what part they play in effective supervision.