Workplace accidents and injuries cost corporations millions of dollars and thousands of hours lost every year. They also have a profound, often lifelong impact on workers. Introducing a safety culture into the organization, where workplace safety is valued as an integral part of the business' operation, not only saves the business time and money, it also builds a committed, loyal, healthy workforce. Safety in the Workplace Training Materials is a one-day workshop, and will give employees the foundation to start building their safety culture.
With Safety in the Workplace Training Materials staff will learn:
- Understand the difference between a safety program and a safety culture;
- Have some resources to help them understand the regulations in their area;
- Be able to launch a safety committee;
- Understand how to identify hazards and reduce them;
- Know some hiring measures that can improve safety;
- Understand what a safety training program will involve;
- Be able to identify groups particularly at risk for injury and know how to protect them;
- Be able to help their organization write, implement, and review a safety plan;
- Be better able to respond to incidents and near misses;
- Understand the basics of accident investigation and documentation.